Click here to view a list of free MP3 messages MP3 MESSAGES

Monday, October 29, 2007

Forever Settled In The Heavens

I really like this hymn; I just started singing it 'out of the blue' last night and thought to look it up and put it on here. It's in one of my hymn books :o) I also found it on Cyberhymnal, but the tune is different than that of my hymnal.

Forever Settled In The Heavens,
Thy Word, O Lord, shall firmly stand;
Thy faithfulness shall never fail;
The earth abides at Thy command.

Thy Word and works unmoved remain,
Thy every purpose to fulfill;
All things are Thine and Thee obey,
And all as servants wait Thy will.

I should have perished in my woe
Had not I loved Thy law divine;
That law I never can forget;
O save me, Lord, for I am Thine.

The wicked would destroy my soul,
But on Thy truth I muse with awe;
Imperfect I have found all else,
But boundless is Thy wonderous law.

FROM Psalm 119:
89For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.
90Thy faithfulness is unto all generations: thou hast established the earth, and it abideth.
91They continue this day according to thine ordinances: for all are thy servants.
92Unless thy law had been my delights, I should then have perished in mine affliction.
93I will never forget thy precepts: for with them thou hast quickened me.
94I am thine, save me: for I have sought thy precepts.
95The wicked have waited for me to destroy me: but I will consider thy testimonies.
96I have seen an end of all perfection: but thy commandment is exceeding broad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated - I will get to them as soon as possible.
Comments that contain offensive language will not be posted.