Click here to view a list of free MP3 messages MP3 MESSAGES

Friday, October 26, 2007

in every thing give thanks

Proverbs 3:5,6 - Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

We are to acknowledge the Lord in ALL our ways ...

Think of all the bad that happened to Job (we were studying Job tonight at a Bible study, so it's fresh on my mind). Yet in Job ch 1 verses 20-22 says Job "arose, and rent his mantle [tore his robe], and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped, And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord. In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly." It seems to me that Job really knew how to apply the passage in Proverbs. Even though so much bad was happening around and to him, he still trusted in the Lord and 'sinned not'. In fact, he BLESSED and WORSHIPPED the Lord!

Another passage that came to mind is 1 Thessalonians 5:
15See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men. 16Rejoice evermore. 17Pray without ceasing. 18In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 19Quench not the Spirit. 20Despise not prophesyings. 21Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
We are to rejoice evermore! Pray without ceasing! Give thanks in EVERYTHING! (not just thanks when 'good' things happen ... but 'bad' too! It's the will of God!). Well, maybe I should not have put that whole passage down because I do not have time to touch on all it says!!! (NONE render evil for evil ... PROVE all things ... ABSTAIN from ALL appearance of evil ....)

I have been reading in 1 Samuel again and am enjoying it. What's neat is that Corban is also reading in 1 Samuel, although he's a little bit ahead of me (I'll pass him up soon though!). I like in chapter 3 when the Lord calls to Samuel and he keeps thinking it's Eli that's calling him. The Lord told Samuel what would come to pass to Eli "because his sons made themselves vile, and he [Eli] restrained them not". Samuel was afraid to tell Eli what the Lord said, but Eli said "It is the Lord; let him do what seemeth him good." I like that response. It kind of reminds me of Revelation, which we are reading in our family time ...

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly: Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated - I will get to them as soon as possible.
Comments that contain offensive language will not be posted.