Click here to view a list of free MP3 messages MP3 MESSAGES

Sunday, June 29, 2008

AMUSEMENT by Finney

AMUSEMENTSBy Charles G. Finney (1792-1875)
...The question [concerning amusements] in all such cases is not, "What harm is there in this proposed amusement?" but, "What good can it do?" "Is it the best way in which I can spend my time?"...The question often arises: "Are we never to seek such amusements?" I answer: It is our privilege and our duty to live above a desire for such things.
All that class of desires should be so subdued by living so much in the light of God, and having so deep a communion with Him as to have no relish for such amusements whatever. It certainly is the privilege of every child of God to walk so closely with Him, and maintain so divine a communion with Him, as not to feel the necessity of worldly excitements, sports, pastimes, and entertainments to make his enjoyment satisfactory.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. You perfectly expounded on the robe argument!

    These posts that you wrote go hand and hand. I am so in agreement.

    Blessings to you.

    I just had a thought. You are in the midwest, I am praying that the flooding is not affecting you.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated - I will get to them as soon as possible.
Comments that contain offensive language will not be posted.