Click here to view a list of free MP3 messages MP3 MESSAGES

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

FEAR

I have thought for a while now that there is something missing in a lot of people today (Christians and not). THE FEAR OF THE LORD. I have probably posted on this all ready, but I'm tired and don't feel like looking through my blog. Also, it's timeless so no worries if I repeat myself.
A month or so ago I was reading in Deuteronomy 10 and came to vs. 12 & 13. It has become one of my favorite passages in Deuteronomy:

12And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul, 13To keep the commandments of the LORD, and his statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good?

Notice the 5 things listed here:
1) FEAR the Lord
2) WALK in all His ways (ALL, not just some!)
3) LOVE Him
4) SERVE Him with all your heart and soul (ALL, not just some!)
5) KEEP the commandments

I think the watered down gospel preached in many places today leaves out the fear of the Lord -please read your Bible.

2 comments:

  1. You are right!

    Thank you for sharing :)

    mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,

    Just wanted to let you know I just put my email up on my blog, if you'd like to get in touch with me.

    God bless,
    Mercy

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated - I will get to them as soon as possible.
Comments that contain offensive language will not be posted.