Click here to view a list of free MP3 messages MP3 MESSAGES

Monday, July 21, 2008

The World

Read these verses BEFORE looking at the picture below ... just so you can see where I am coming from! The sign at a church near our house; Brianna saw it when we were out today. I had to go back later with my camera to get a picture.

1 John 2:15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

James 4:4Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Romans 12:1I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Titus 2:11For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; 13Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

James 1:27Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.


They love and serve the world ... I think it would be MUCH BETTER if they said they love and serve the LORD! Right? I might call them. I'm sure they have 'good intentions' ... but the sign is just not right.

3 comments:

  1. I hope that you don't mind but I linked this post.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, definately a typo!

    Oops!

    Thank you for sharing,

    mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading the verses the church sign was quiet a shock, I must say. I hope they don't realize what they are saying. It makes me sad, it really does. I hope that it is not true. connie from Texas

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated - I will get to them as soon as possible.
Comments that contain offensive language will not be posted.