Click here to view a list of free MP3 messages MP3 MESSAGES

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Baptism Pictures (finally)

OK ... here's the long awaited baptism pictures. For those who do not know, Tylor, Brianna and I got baptized last September 13th (I think it was the 13th?) at Lake Cunningham in Omaha, NE.

Here's David Keeling and Kevin Kintschi talking at our dining table before the baptism; they had never met before. Tylor is on the right by Kevin and JD (a young man from the church here in MO) is on the left by David. David is the pastor here in MO; Kevin is our good friend from central NE, he has been like a 'father figure' for my children. We love him and his family a lot. His wife Jackie was a blessing during this whole time; she kept busy running the house so I could focus on the baptism and talk to the men.
A scene from where we got baptized.
Kevin on the left in a ditch and David on the right on a rock ... it was VERY rocky; the men did a good job directing us around the rocks. We thought they were going to fall, but they didn't :)
Brianna sharing before her baptism. We all shared before we went down to the water, but I'm just going to post each of use separate.
Brianna getting in.


Me sharing a passage that I felt the Lord was telling me to share. Romans 12:1 & 2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
By getting baptized, I am publicly confessing my desire to follow the Lord Jesus no matter the cost. I am willing to pick up my cross and follow Him as He commanded us to do. We must be willing to give up all for Him and His will, come what may. I no longer desire to be conformed to this world with all its filth and sin.



Tylor sharing - he had a lot of good things to say, but I forgot already :(


9 comments:

  1. these picture are nice thanks for sharing. I didnt see any of Corban.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Shena! Corban did not get baptized yet; while he is a believer, I think he needs more time to fully comprehend what following the Lord means. It takes total self-denial, full obedience to the Lord, and a willingness to pick up your cross daily and follow after Jesus, come what may. He agrees that he's not ready to make that choice.

    A few verses to consider:

    Luke 14:26If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. 27And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple ... 33So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

    Also consider the rich young ruler who was already doing all he knew to obey God ... yet walked away sorrowful because he was not willing to give up his riches to follow Christ (read Luke 18:18-30). This man's snare was money; fill in the blank with whatever thing you are not willing to give up (not saying YOU personally, but you in general to whoever is reading).

    Read also Matthew chapters 5-7 - the Sermon on the Mount for more of Jesus' teachings.

    OK ... if you have any questions, feel free to email me. Love you!

    In Christ,
    joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to the taking up the cross to become a Christian. Too many today are "accepting Jesus" and thinking that somehow the blood of Jesus will buy a pardon for them from the Father. But ... God doesnt sell forgiveness. The blood of Jesus changes man's heart, not purchase forgiveness from an implacable God. Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, thank you for your comment Mike.
    Lord bless you as you follow Him.

    js

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe that the early anabaptists came closest to recapturing New Testament truth and practice. Alexander Mack seemed closest of all anabaptists so far in my search for truth. God would have us simply trust and obey. If we love Him we will keep His commandments, ... and again the truth shall set you free.
    I have been refreshed by your writings Joanne. Thanks for sharing.
    Morley

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Trust and Obey" ... amen. Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your baptism pictures. I just read your "about me" section and I felt like crying for joy. Thanks for sharing yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated - I will get to them as soon as possible.
Comments that contain offensive language will not be posted.