Click here to view a list of free MP3 messages MP3 MESSAGES

Thursday, November 19, 2009

IF

This is a very powerful word - pay attention to it when you see it in the Bible. It is a conditional word and requires a response on our part ... it allows us to choose either the right or wrong way. I will give only one example of the hundreds of examples in the Bible. This is from Romans 11:

21For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Paul is talking to believers ... IF God spared not the Israelites, TAKE HEED lest he also spare not you (believer abiding in Christ). God will be good to you IF you continue in His goodness. OTHERWISE you will also be CUT OFF.

Well, I will put a few more ... I cannot resist.

John 15:10If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love...14Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Luke 13:6He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. 7Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? 8And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it: 9And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.

1 John 1: 6If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

I urge you all to pay attention to this word as you read your Bible and see what is contained in the verses around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated - I will get to them as soon as possible.
Comments that contain offensive language will not be posted.