Click here to view a list of free MP3 messages MP3 MESSAGES

Sunday, February 13, 2011

I have yielded myself ...

Please read these words:

I have yielded myself to Thy service,
Any Thy presence my bosom doth fill;
O my Saviour, I haste to obey Thee,
And my heart says amen to Thy will.

All the heart ties of earth may be sundered,
So that I may Thy purpose fulfill;
Help me gladly submit and not murmur,
Ever saying "Amen" to Thy will.

Though my plans and my hopes may seem blighted,
I will love Thee and trust in Thee still,
For I know all is well that Thou doest,
And my heart says "Amen" to Thy will.

This song has been such a blessing to me. I am human. Sometimes I let things bother me ... things I have no control over. Sometimes I get caught up in "what if ..." or "if only ...". These thoughts cause discouragement and discontentment. Often times this song will come into my mind - and it's true. My heart really does say AMEN to the Lord's will. I have yielded myself to the Lord's service. Heart ties have been sundered. Some of my 'hopes and dreams' seem to have been 'blighted'. But, ALL IS WELL that the Lord does!! Amen! This is such a blessing. I quickly change from being discouraged to being encouraged. The Lord has me where He has me for a reason. I do not understand it all, but I do know that He knows what He is doing. I am so blessed and thankful for what I do have ... a godly fellowship. Godly men all around to help raise up my boys. Godly men and women for my daughter to look to as examples.

Love.
Support.
Fellowship.
Peace that passes all understanding.
Joy unspeakable.
Even when it's hard.
Especially when it's hard.

God is good. He is worthy of all that I have and so much more.

3 comments:

  1. Appreciate your words of testimony, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne,
    This was such an encouraging post! God bless your yieldedness...and continue to direct you with the illumination of the Holy Spirit. Truly, "few there be that find (the narrow road" and those who do find themselves without much company along the way! True fellowship and brotherhood is a blessing indeed.
    God bless and keep you.
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the encouragement Liz and Marcia. This post really goes along with the last one ... if you have not already figured that out :)

    Praise the Lord for His mercy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated - I will get to them as soon as possible.
Comments that contain offensive language will not be posted.