Click here to view a list of free MP3 messages MP3 MESSAGES

Sunday, March 11, 2012

A personal relationship with Jesus on facebook

No matter if you are living in adultery or fornication having someone else's husband or wife or lusting after someone, or have provocative photos in your photo section, or think it's all right to kill your enemies, or have someone you have not forgiven, or think it's all right to participate in all the filth this world has to offer, or paint yourself up like Jezebel, or whatever other way you are not living out the gospel message in your life ... you can prove on facebook that you love God simply by reposting this:

Sadly, out of the 3% that will repost, hardly any of them are actually putting the teachings of Christ in practice. They say they love God (and try to prove it by reposting this cheap picture) but THE WAY THEY LIVE PROVES THEY DO NOT LOVE GOD. 

Christ says: "if you love me, keep my commandments" and "why do you call me Lord and do not do the things that I say?" We are to be doers of the word and not hearers only. We must not only hear the words of Christ, but DO them. (Christ said so) It does not matter if we repost a cheap, cheesy thing to show that we love God. What matters is if we are walking in the light that we have and hungering and thirsting for more light to walk in. What matters is if we are taking the teachings of Christ seriously or not.

The words of Christ will judge us. You can say you love God all you want, but if you are not living it out, Christ will say to you in that last day: Depart from me; I never knew you.

5 comments:

  1. You have absolutely no idea what God will say to anyone. I can't believe you have the audacity to even begin to fathom His thinking.

    It's plain to see that you are doing some pretty heavy self-loathing here. I don't know what kind of sins you committed in the past, but there must've been some heavy-duty darkness.

    Here's a thought: Instead of concentrating on what sins "other people" are committing, why don't you pay attention to your own.

    And, enough with the negativity already! We are all sinners, including you, we all fall short. Yet, the majority of people focus on the Love of God, not all this "God hates you, I'm the only one good enough to go to Heaven, spiel.

    Do God a big favor and shut down this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This is super. What a narrow way we walk. This is one of the best things I've read in a while. And I would say this to your face.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It won`t help sinners on judgement day. You know why heaven is a holy and sinless place? Because the people who entered in (Christians, also called saints) were holy and lived sin-free.
    Jesus is called the Alpha and the Omega, He is also called The Amen. This means He has the last word. Always. No matter what excuses people may bring, why they were lukewarm, why they had man-fear, why they remained in sin, why they did not repented, why they did not want to hear, why the message was "too extreme" for them ... Jesus has the last word on judgement day not man.
    Loving God does not consist wearing "Christian" T-Shirts or posting things on facebook. You can show your love towards God in being a living and holy sacrifice on His Altar. His is the only way of serving God that exists. There are not two ways or three ways... there is just one way how to serve God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where's the "like" button?!

    I say that these types of status updates (and even email forwards with the words of, "you'll forward this to your friends if you love Jesus"), have emotional hostage lines. They are meant to create guilt, not conviction, and they have no biblical basis.

    If ye love me, keep my commandments. -John 14:15

    He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. -John 14:21

    If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. -John 15:10

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated - I will get to them as soon as possible.
Comments that contain offensive language will not be posted.