Click here to view a list of free MP3 messages MP3 MESSAGES

Friday, October 19, 2012

Freedom ...

A brother in the Philippines sent me this picture and I really appreciate it ...


Countless times on the streets men AND women will approach me and remind me that this is a free country. I don't have to be so oppressed. I don't have to dress this way and cover my head. We [us women in the U.S.] have been LIBERATED ... they are all sure to say that with quite a bit of passion. Most also assume that the only reason I dress the way I do and cover my head is because a man told me to do it. So many times I've been reminded that I have a mind of my own and I don't have to listen to 'these men' ... I can do what I want to do.

Dah.

How sad that they never stop to consider that I AM doing what I want to do!! I CHOOSE to follow the Lord and the way I dress and act reflects that choice. I willingly submit to the Lord, his commands, and to the people the Lord put in authority over me. I can walk away from it all whenever I want. But why would I? The words of Peter come to mind right now: "Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God." Amen! 

I am free to make my own choices. I choose to follow the Lord and do what pleases him. He commands women to cover their heads and bodies. I choose to cover my head and body. It's really just as simple as that. Of course I could say I love the Lord and then not do what he has commanded me to do, but then I'd be a hypocrite. No thanks. It's all or nothing.

13 comments:

  1. It is amazing to me the amount of outright hostility that comes from people when you cover your head and/or wear long skirts and modest clothing. It is downright scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where in the Bible does it teach that unmarried women are to place themselves under the authority of another womans husband? And where does the Bible teach that a cloth "headcovering" is salvational or that God looks upon a woman wearing a cloth covering any better than a woman who is covered by her head (husband) and wears nothing but her long hair and the peace and joy on her face of being covered by her head (husband)? Thank you for your time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Response to first question: Submission is a choice and a blessing.

    Response to the second:

    "The things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord." - Paul

    "If you love me, keep my commandments." - the Lord




    ReplyDelete
  4. That did not answer either of my questions, but thanks for trying. Submission to husbands is a blessing, but a womans submitting to a man other than her husband? Not sure where this is in the Bible. Could you please show me the verse? As for the cloth covering, where does it say it is salvational and if it is not, why do you make it out to be so? Please share the verse here, also. What is modest dress? Modest means moderate; not excessive or extreme. We can clothe our bodies in a modest way and not stick out like we want to look spiritual. Again, thank you for your time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Submit: "Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves, for they watch for your souls" Find a church where the elder(s) is(are) following Christ [follow me as I follow Christ - that is the condition] and submit to him(them).

    Headcovering salvational: The bible clearly says salvation is offered to all who obey. Jesus clearly says if we love him we will keep his commandments. Paul says the things that he says are the commandments of the Lord. It's not complicated; just put a piece of cloth over your head and cover your body properly.

    If you are married, ask your husband what modest is. I choose to dress in what I believe is modest. My standard is: would I be ashamed to stand before the Lord in what I am wearing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe when we will stand before the Lord we won't have a stich of clothing on. God created Adam and Eve and they were naked, when we reach judgment we will have a new body.
    It appears to me that you take a lot of liberty not using scripture in the proper context which leads to truth out of balance and heresy. The Bible is to be rightly divided, not left to private interpretation. Your arguments don't hold water. Also a woman is to submit to her own husband, not someone else's as set forth in 1corinthians 11& Ephesians 5:22/25, the headship order is also lid out in Genesis if you care to look. You need to focus on the head not the covering, as I have stated in other entries Paul used metaphors in his writing, but you choose to cherry pick one's to justify your actions. I think the evil one, the great deceiver, has possibly worked his evil on most all the Anabaptists churches. Thus splitting them apart due to differences in dress and coverings, why is there no unity, all have a different costume . Man made rules that are unscriptural at the least and ultra legalistic. You need to spend more time winning souls than spreading discontentment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Romans 3:28
    Ephesians 2:8-9
    Titus 3:5
    The way I understand these verses, I am saved by faith. Nothing I have done or will do will get me to heaven....only my faith in Jesus Christ!!! That is not complicated at all!! The requirements you put on others is a yoke of bondage that we can never carry. Galatians 5:1 The whole book of Galatians is a good one to read for those who have forgotten how they were saved!! Have a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A few more questions then I will leave you alone!! Do you ever sin? I mean once we are saved does that mean we will never sin? You say real faith obeys, do you ever disobey? I must admit I am not perfect, and am thankful I have a Saviour that is!! Thank you for your time..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandy, we are called to be perfect even as our Father in heaven is perfect. What do you think that means?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why did Jesus die on the cross? Could you please tell me in scripture where it says we are to be perfect? I do not see that anywhere. Thank you.

      Delete
  10. See the end of Mat. 5 for a good start, though there are plenty of other ref.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated - I will get to them as soon as possible.
Comments that contain offensive language will not be posted.