Click here to view a list of free MP3 messages MP3 MESSAGES

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Past posts, a new family member and a thought

I'm still sifting through my past posts. It's been fun to sit down and read through them ... interesting to see where I was at spiritually 5 or 6 years ago. Not much different than I am now, but I do see that I was posting more personal things like how our day was, jam and pickle recipes, etc. I save those for my frugal blog now.

Life has taken an interesting twist these days. I met a girl at vacation bible school when I was 5 or 6. We hung out for many years, doing all sorts of things together. At first it was innocent little girl stuff like playing with dolls, etc. but then later it turned in to getting into trouble. Somewhere in our later teen years we lost touch. Last year before I quit facebook I saw a post from her on a mutual friend's wall: "Have you seen Joanne?" or something like that. I said, "ME? Here I am!" or something like that. We kept in touch since that time and now she is actually living with us :) It has been a blessing having her around. She is a great help, is funny and thoughtful. I love her dearly. Maybe I'll share a photo of us together if I get one? If so, I'll just update this post and add it.

Ok, here's the update with a photo :)


And now I'd like to share a thought I had this morning:

Sometimes the only thing you have control of is your attitude.

You know ... we can sometimes be in very stressful situations. Sometimes discouraging or frustrating or whatever. But really, it's all in our attitude. If we are believers then we must have faith that God really meant it when he said he would not give us more than we can handle. In times of potential stress, discouragement, or frustration, just take a deep breath and remember that God is in control. All we have to do is bring glory to him through our thoughts, our words and our actions regardless of the situation around us.

Really all that is going on is the dross is being removed ... but it cannot be removed if we fight against it. Let us glorify Christ in all that we think, say and do.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks. I really needed that tonight. Love, Margo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sister. I know we talked in private but I wanted to say in public for all who might read this: the quote did not get pulled 'out of thin air' ... I am learning it and living it every day. Sometimes it's such a temptation to get frustrated or discouraged at a current trial. God has our good in mind, even if we do not see it right now. He will also never give us more than we can handle. He is GOOD!!!

    God bless you!! Lots of love, j

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated - I will get to them as soon as possible.
Comments that contain offensive language will not be posted.