Saturday, December 14, 2019

You can change world!

The first part of this post I actually wrote a YEAR ago. For some reason it stayed in "draft" status and I never posted it. This morning I got on here to post something and saw this in the draft box; quite fitting to what I wanted to say! So, here is what I wrote a year ago:

You can change the world! Or at least your little corner of it! How? Well ... recently I saw this quote, though I'm not sure who first said it. It went something like this:

You can change the world by your example, not by your opinion.

We are all so full of opinions - or at least I know I am! Talk is cheap, and actions speak so much louder than words. What do my actions say about me? What do your actions say about you? 

The older I get the more and more I realize how this life really is a vapor. Dust in the wind. Our time here on this earth is so short - are we making the most of it? 

A few weeks ago I had the unfortunate opportunity to speak with the meanest receptionist I've ever encountered. She was mean with her first words - long before I even had a chance to speak. It took so much effort and energy for me to keep my words, tone of voice, and thoughts toward her good while in the heat of the moment. Two things happened after our "conversation" ended. 

1. I burst out in sobs like a child that just had their mother die [or something like that]. Just being honest here - yes, I was THAT shook up!! 

2. I prayed for her. The example she put forth was so poor I could not help but wonder what kind of personal struggles she must be facing right now. Maybe SHE was the "child that just lost her mother"?! Maybe something was wrong with one of her children? I don't know. There are a million "maybes" I could think of, but whatever the case, she must have been hurting.

Before we can change the world by our good example, we must first have a good heart and a good attitude. We must reflect the heart of our Messiah.

~~~~~

And now the rest of the story. :)
Recently I've been thinking a lot about purpose. We all have a purpose, but some times the noise of life gets in the way. Distractions. Diversions. Doubts. Fears. Or even happy things! What is my purpose RIGHT NOW? What should I be busy doing? What is your purpose RIGHT NOW? What should you be busy doing?

We all have one thing in common: we all know we should be 'brightening the corner where we are', just like I shared above. Once our hearts are in the right place, we can begin to see what is important. We might be thinking we "should be" doing this or that, but should we? Usually this happens when we start comparing ourselves with others and trying to walk as they are walking. We are each unique and our walks should reflect that uniqueness.

A fellow Sister might have time to go to the nursing home or visit an elderly neighbor regularly. That's her walk and her season. We should not feel pressured to do what she is doing - what should I / YOU be doing? Maybe your season is staying home, taking care of the children and supporting your husband? If so, do not feel bad if you cannot make it to the nursing home regularly! Do you get what I'm saying? YOU be the best you can be right where you are! Make your home a haven of peace and rest for all who enter.

I find it helpful to write a reminder of my purpose in my bullet journal. It might seem a little silly to some, but it helps me to keep my focus on the right place when my mind begins to drift.

Last week David preached about CHOICES; it all begins with a choice. That one, simple, seemingly small choice can set you down the wrong path ... OR of course help you along the right path. He also talked about choosing to be happy. Our attitude in daily life has a great impact on ourselves and others. When we are reflecting our Messiah, we are instruments of his love, mercy, kindness, compassion, and so on. It's hard to make the wrong choice when we are in that state of mind!

Like I said above (a year ago), life really is a vapor. We are here today and (potentially) gone tomorrow. Are we truly living our days to the glory of the Father? Are we honestly putting God and others first in our lives? Are we looking at our lives and honestly considering what we SHOULD be doing ... and DOING IT?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated - I will get to them as soon as possible.
Comments that contain offensive language will not be posted.