Saturday, September 25, 2021

God loves atheists, too.

My mind has been focused a lot lately on how GOOD God is to all of us. Not just to those of us who love him [I mean, REALLY, ACTUALLY love him), but also to those of us who don't. Yes, he's even good to atheists! 

I've been in "reflection mode" more frequently lately. I'm not sure why, but maybe it has something to do with another grandchild being born? For all of you grandparents out there, maybe you can relate when I say: I look at my grandbabies and think, "Those are my babies." I don't see them as grandchildren; I see them as MY children. I love them as much as if they came from my own body, because in a way, they did! It's been a blessing for me to be able to watch them grow, learn, explore, hit milestones, etc. 

But back to my reflection mode thought. If you did not know, I was raised atheist and remained that way until some time in my early 30s. Looking back I can see all of the times when things "should have went wrong" ... even all of the times when it seems like I should not have survived one situation or another [I can think of at least 5 situations where I just marvel that I made it out alive], and see God's hand in all of it. He cared for me even when I was rebellious and totally doing my own thing. Even when I was speaking directly against him. He has been so good to me.

He really does not want ANY of us to perish in our sins! He'd much rather ALL of us come to repentance. He loves us all ... but that's never been up for debate. The real question is, Do we love him in return? 

He's good to all of us, because he IS good. But only those who love him back are worthy to be called his children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated - I will get to them as soon as possible.
Comments that contain offensive language will not be posted.