Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Obituary - a bit of humor mixed in with reality

 


This is mean to be funny, of course, but I believe it also can and should be thought-provoking. What are we holding on to? I could get really philosophical here, but my brain does not work that way, so I'll just talk about the more practical side and leave the philosophical stuff to your own imagination. 

I have a few favorite 'decluttering' and/or 'minimalism' channels that I watch on YT: The Minimal Mom, Clutterbug, and A Slob Comes Clean. These girls talk a lot about letting go of things, and give you strategies to take the emotion out of it. 

One thing they talk about is clutter that is attached to "your fantasy self". We all have it, right?? I mean, those boxes stored under my bed that contain several sewing projects that have been "needing" to be done for the past 5 or so years ...  UGH! It's time for me to either DO THEM, or just get rid of them. AND ... once they are either DONE or GONE, I need to be diligent to not add any more sewing projects to my to do list because obviously that is something only my fantasy self does.

Dawn - the Minimal Mom - also shares the idea of the "silent to do list". That concept really speaks to me [no pun intended] because my brain is already going 500 million miles a second, and all of the stuff sitting around that I have NOT done yet is really just screaming at me, making more noise in my already scattered brain. I guess this works hand-in-hand with the fantasy self, because lots of the things that are on my silent to-do list are actually associated with my fantasy self. 

Well, I guess that's where I will leave this post. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated - I will get to them as soon as possible.
Comments that contain offensive language will not be posted.