Friday, March 17, 2017

Life Happens

In regards to our lives ...
Life [hardly ever, maybe] never happens the way you think or imagine it will.
So you might as well save your thoughts, worries, and concerns for the current issue at hand instead of borrowing from tomorrow or next week or next year ... or never.

Case in point. I always wondered what it would be like when my daughter was asked for in marriage. Now that it's happened, I can look back and see it didn't go anything like I ever imagined it would. Thankfully I did not waste too much time thinking about it and left it to the Lord.

Now a dear brother has become a son-in-law, and my daughter is thoroughly enjoying married life. It's been nearly a month (2 days shy to be exact - feb 19, 2017) and she's learning more and more about this man we've known well and have loved for several years. Just the other day she said to me something like, "Mom, he's so much more than I ever thought!" She is one happy bride ... and he's pretty pleased himself!

I'm sure she could write a small book filled with 'what if' or 'I wonder' thoughts about marriage and how it would all go, and pretty much nothing in the book would be true for how it actually went. But thankfully, she too did a really good job of putting those thoughts in their place and spent her years serving the Lord.

So, save your precious time God has given you today for whatever is right in front of you, and leave tomorrow where it belongs ... in God's hands.

On a side note, getting a little personal here ... I was so blessed to have supper at my daughter's house for the first time a few weeks ago. Sure, I helped her get things ready, and helped clean up, but it was HER kitchen, HER meal, HER home, HER husband ... what a blessing!! I'm so proud of the woman of God she has become, and she just seems to get better and better.

It was a real blessing watching her prepare for this marriage - the way she handled it all was truly beautiful. And now another blessing watching her settle in to married life :) :) :)

Here is a video of the whole ceremony, message, open mic, and singing. Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated - I will get to them as soon as possible.
Comments that contain offensive language will not be posted.