Monday, August 14, 2017

Love Covers a Multitude of Sins

Love.
"...love covers a multitude of sins..."
No, this is not originally mine, but it does come to my mind quite often, in a variety of circumstances and settings. The depth of this phrase seems endless to me. What all does it mean? What all could it mean?

Though I could write on and on about these few simple words, I will only share a few basic thoughts.

It seems that when we truly love others (I mean TRULY love others, not the superficial, sappy, emotional, self-centered, circumstance-driven stuff, but the REAL stuff that is spoken of in 1 Corinthians 13, and what all the Torah / Law / Instructions and prophets hang on), we are able to overlook any wrong that they might have done to us and just simply be a blessing. Though they may not realize it at the time, if we just keep loving them with godly love, it will leave the doors open for reconciliation ... and isn't that the heart of it all? Reconciliation.

On that same train of thought, truly loving and leaving the door open for reconciliation might very well prevent them from further sin. I mean - if you repay evil for evil, hurt for hurt, you are provoking someone to sin even more. That is not love at all.

2 comments:

  1. Joanne it's good to hear from you again. Your posts are always very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne, Hello, been a long time. I do not know if you remember me, (Renee) you sent me a pattern for head covering in the mail :-) which I still have..
    I hope all is Blessed with you, and the family.
    Here is my new blog :-)
    Hope to hear from you.
    Blessings, Renee from Texas
    https://thereisbeautyingrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated - I will get to them as soon as possible.
Comments that contain offensive language will not be posted.